Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Holey Moley! And an amazing Ranch Dressing Mix

Well, so much for switching over from Facebook to my blog and keeping all my recipes here.  I guess it's just too easy to keep using the "same old thing."  However, I was recently searching for the lettuce wrap recipe and ended up back here!

I want to share a fantastic ranch dip mix I found on Facebook.  I'm not sure when people started using Facebook like Pinterest.  I don't think they realize how absolutely difficult it is to find recipes and postings in their timeline.  Just use Pinterest --- or a blog!  By the way, you can follow me on Pinterest HERE or HERE!  Yes, two Pinterest pages.  The first one is more personal, with lots of recipes and household/family related items.  The second one is more professional, relating to my teaching career and curriculum.

I'm not sure of the original source of this Ranch Dressing Mix, though I did find it on the KORD 102.7 FM radio website.  It's super easy, better than anything I've ever eaten anywhere, and people love it!

Here's the recipe:

Ranch Dip Mix
1/4 cup black pepper
1 1/2 cups parsley flakes
1/2 cup garlic salt
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
3/4 cup granulated onion (I used a mixture of powdered onion and onion flakes)
2 Tablespoons dill weed

Store in an airtight container.  Yields 3 1/2 cups dry mix.  I stored mine in Mason jars.  They made for a pretty gift for my sister's wedding, as well.

Ranch Dressing Recipe
Mix 2 Tablespoons (yes, this recipe goes a loooooong way!)
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sour cream (I just made it easy and used 2 cups)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Mix together.  Makes 1 3/4 quarts.  Store in the refrigerator.  I stored mine in Mason jars.

I gave my sister a pint jar of the dry mix for her wedding gift.  She now has enough ranch mix to make gallons of dressing!  I also mixed up a double batch for her beautiful wedding and reception. People could make their own veggie cups: a dipperful of ranch dressing in the cup, then add your favorite veggies.  Kids and grownups alike loved it!

Build Your Own Veggie Cups
With Homemade Ranch Dressing
at my sister's wedding to Prince Charming.
Photo (c) 2013 by Molly Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment