Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Meal Planning: 16 Feb 2014

Photo (c) 2014 by Stephanie Miller
My Bountiful Basket contribution this week was quite the bounty!  In the picture above, you see what $60 gets you: This week it was a conventional fruit & veggie basket, the Asian add on pack, and two flats of blackberries (24 - 6 ounce clam shells).  I vinegar rinsed, quick froze, and bagged the blackberries up to keep in the freezer.  


Beautiful black berries drying on the counter. Many of these were over an inch long.
Photo (c) 2014 by Stephanie Miller

Many of the items in the Asian pack are things I don't normally cook with, so I love the challenge of finding new recipes to try.  I am very excited to say that I spent quite a bit of time sorting, cleaning, trimming, and chopping produce, especially that which I would use in the recipes this week.  This will save me so much time later!


My first entree of the week!  Pork chops were delicious! Bok choy needs help.
Photo (c) 2014 by Stephanie Miller



Here is what I'm making this week (links take you to my Pinterest pins):

Sunday: Soy Ginger Pork Chops with Stir Fry Bok Choy (pictured above)
Monday: Roasted Pork Loin, Roasted Potato Leek Soup
Tuesday: Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry, Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
Wednesday: Orange Chicken with Asparagus, Crab Rangoon Wontons (Recipe and pin coming later)
Thursday: Shrimp Fajita Quesadillas (I will be making this recipe and a Pinterest pin later), Guacamole
Friday: Sausage & Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash


No comments:

Post a Comment