Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Alton Brown's Guacamole

I contributed for the Super Bowl Hostess pack add on last weekend from Bountiful Baskets, just to add some more variety and quantity of produce into our family's menu.  Included were about 7 gorgeous avocados, jalapeƱos, garlic, onion, tomatoes.  It was pretty obvious what needed to happen: Guacamole!

I have yet to find a guacamole recipe without a dehydrated starter kit that I like.  So, like any good cook (?) I turned to Alton Brown.  His recipe for Guacamole is available here.  I double the recipe and followed it faithfully.



Pros: It is good and it's not difficult to make.  I love the fresh lime juice in it!  It hasn't turned brown yet.

Cons: It has a longer ingredient list than some other guacamole.  The cumin and cayenne tend to overpower the avocado, and I do like to be able to taste the avocado in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment